Standing up for you and protecting your best interests
Criminal offenses range from relatively minor misdemeanors to serious felonies. At King & Green, LLC, we believe every client has the right to fair and just representation. Whether you have been charged with DUI or have been arrested for drug possession, we’re committed to making sure your voice is heard. We work hard to help you get favorable results.
Innovative legal strategies and energetic representation — your most powerful resources
Blount County criminal lawyer Brett King has significant hands-on criminal law experience. In addition to practicing at our Birmingham law firm, he also handles both routine and high profile cases in the Blount County court system. He routinely handles cases involving:
- DUI — Driving under the influence (DUI) of alcohol or a controlled substance is a common criminal offense. Alabama law states that persons should not drive if their blood alcohol content (BAC) is .08 percent or greater. People under the age of 21 are prohibited from operating a vehicle if their BAC is .02 percent or greater.
- First conviction — A first-time DUI conviction is punishable by up to one year in jail, a fine of $600–$2,100, or both. Your driver’s license will also be suspended for 90 days.
- Second conviction — If you’re convicted of a second DUI offense within five years of your first conviction, you will face at least five days in jail or 30 hours of community service, increased fines and a one-year driver’s license suspension.
- Third conviction — A third DUI conviction mandates at least 60 days in jail, a three-year driver’s license suspension and fines up to $10,100.
- Fourth and subsequent convictions — A fourth DUI conviction is a Class C felony and is punishable by one to ten years in prison.
- Drug possession — In Alabama, unlawful possession of a controlled substance is a Class C felony. It is also a crime to obtain a controlled substance through fraud, deceit or the unauthorized alteration of a prescription.
If you have been charged with a crime, you should seek the assistance of a qualified criminal lawyer immediately. We provide the information and resources you need to handle your situation efficiently and successfully.
Don’t let your voice be silenced in the face of criminal charges
At King & Green, LLC, our attorneys are motivated by a strong desire to protect your rights. We offer appointments Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., and additional times outside of office hours are available upon request. Call us at 205.683.0660 or contact us online today to schedule a consultation at our Blount County office. We regularly help clients in Birmingham, Hoover, Oneonta, Pinson, Blountsville, Bessemer, Mountain Brook, Gardendale, Leeds, Vestavia Hills, Homewood, Hayden, Snead, Irondale, Fultondale, Mt. Olive, Corner, Bagley, Highland Lakes, Inverness, Pelham, Chelsea, Alabaster, Hueytown, Centerpoint, Forestdale, Adamsville, Graysville, Remlap, Locust Fork, Cullman, Hanceville, Holly Pond, McCalla and other communities in Jefferson County, Shelby County and Blount County, Alabama.